Sunday, January 31, 2016

December and January sewing with Sandy

Hi there….It’s been awhile, huh?   So sorry.  
It seems like the less I blog, the harder it is to get back to it. 

We didn’t have a show and tell in December because it was such a crazy month, so we showed both December and January projects last week.
  
Like always, Sandy’s quilts are first and mine are below hers.  

This one is called“Winter” by Country Threads



And this one was a freebie on the internet a few years ago.  
It’s called “Trees on the table” by Marcie Patch of Patchalot Patterns. 
 Check out how different they are. The pattern gave different ways to make the trees.



We can’t get by without doing our Buttermilk Basin monthlies.  
This one is called “Sew Simple BOM” and it’s the Feb installment



Create and Decorate magazine had this one as a project back in 2007.  
It’s in the Holiday issue. 



Last fall, we signed up for the Kindred Spirits Club through Fat Quarter Shop.  
 The patterns and fabric are by the talented ladies of Yellow Creek Quilt Designs.  
 This one is called “Split Decision”.  
Funny thing, even though we had the same fabrics and the same pattern, 
we still managed to make them a bit different. 




This next project ended  up being both of our favorites.  
It’s called “Autumn Time” by Norma Whaley of Timeless Traditions.  




We each interpreted this next one very differently.  
It’s called “Block Garden” by Mountain Patchwork.




Another monthly by Buttermilk Basin in the Sew Simple series.  
This one is March. 





And last up is “Prim Valentine” by Primitive Stitches



Oops, I forgot to put the little bells on my bow.   Darn!


So….that’s it for show and tell.  And….that’s it for us for awhile.  
We both decided to take a break this year from these projects to work on things that we’ve set aside for the past 2 years.   
Lot’s of UFO’s to get done and some larger quilts that we didn’t have time for.   
We did over 100 projects and had so much fun. 

The biggest accomplishment for me was tackling the quilting on all these little goodies.   
I now know that I’m not very good at freemotion quilting and will leave quilts that need it to the professionals, but I can very confidently do straight line quilting using my walking foot.   
Sometimes, even making decent curves with it. 
 
We both hope you’ve enjoyed our journey.  
We are so appreciative of all the nice comments you’ve left. 
 
I promise to continue to show you what we are working on and, hopefully, 
I will  post at least once or twice a month.   
I’m not going away!

Hugs, Anne









28 comments:

Jessica said...

As always, you both do amazing work on your quilting! I love them all, and am in awe at all you two accomplish. Thank you for sharing with us! I have enjoyed the posts very much, they are inspiring. :)

Janet O. said...

It has been such a treat to follow along and see your creations each month. Fascinating to see how the same pattern can turn out to be so unique in different hands. I have been blown away by all you two accomplish each month and totally understand that it is time to do other things. Thanks for the ride! It has been inspiring!

moosecraft said...

I'm sure I'm not the only one giving both you gals a standing ovation for all of your beautiful stitched and finished pretties!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us as it has been fun seeing them all as well as been inspiring for us to get to stitching on our own projects! Of course.... eagerly looking forward to seeing those UFO finishes soon too! :-)

PatC - All is Bright said...

Wow. Amazing. I truly enjoyed all of your works of art. Both have turned out beautiful work. Thank you!

Pat

Loris said...

Each month it is a treat to see what you have worked on. I'm looking forward to seeing the new finishes whenever you decide to reveal. I know it does take a bit of time to post. I don't know how quilters do it everyday! My hat is off to them because I sure enjoy reading it :-)

Kelli said...

Love seeing all your projects!! Thanks for sharing and please continue to do so - it is an inspiration to many!

Florida Farm Girl said...

It's so good to hear from you dear girl. I know exactly what you mean about the blogging. I admit that I've been lax about it, too. I guess its not fair to other folks because I surely do enjoy reading their blogs. Take care.

Karen said...

Always a good view when I visit your blog. I find it oh so interesting how the two of you complete projects from the same pattern. Sometimes they look very much alike and others there are surprising differences. I look forward to March and a visit to your blog.

Darlene said...

I've been checking your blog and waiting patiently for the next 'show and tell' from you and Sandy. I've enjoyed your wonderful journey every month.

I will miss you and Sandy but taking a break is understandable. I'm sure you have other projects to enjoy.

Thank you!

Joan said...

Sew fun to see your new blog! You two are amazing sewers & stitchers, & I love your blogs! Every blog has been a treat for me! Some day I hope to put a dent in some of these kits & UFOs I've hidden in my "studio" (haha), so I really get how you're off to round your's up! Thanks so much for brightening my day! xoxo

Sandi said...

Been missing your blog posts Anne, but luckily I follow you on Instagram so I'm not missing to much.

Love all your side by side comparisons with Sandy's pieces. Now I see those are arrows not mushrooms on the crow and heart piece.

WoolenSails said...

You two have been busy, love all of them, but my favorite is the snowman and mittens, that would be fun to do.

Debbie

Karen said...

Wonderful show and tell from both of you. I love to see the spins you each put on the projects and I will miss seeing them. But I know there lots of wonderful show and tell to come from UFO's. Plus we can see Sandy share on IG what she's working on. Now,of course I want to make everything you showed lol. Hugs Mrs Farmhouse

Tina said...

Just beautiful - every single one!!! I'm so glad you will still be blogging. I love seeing your creativity and Sandy's too. This will be a fun year working on larger projects and I can't wait to see them (such a treat!). Happy New Year!!!

Diane said...

It's been an amazing journey and I am so impressed with all of your finishes. I've looked forward to these fun posts but that's a LOT of work! Good for you and now I can look forward to seeing your finished ufo's! :)

Glynis said...

Thank you Anne and Sandy for showing us all your projects, I have so enjoyed them and have found lots of inspiration on your blog. You both are amazing quilters and I've loved seeing how you both have taken the same pattern and done your own take on it.
Always look forward to seeing what is new with you.

Anonymous said...

So much fun seeing all your projects! Thank you so much for taking the time to do it. Love hearing from you!

Charlotte said...


I have enjoyed all the projects throughtout the year - seeing how you both interpreted them was sew fun. Thank you.

Will look forward to seeing what you are up to in 2016.

Charlotte

Lori said...

I've enjoyed it so much! I hope you'll continue to blog about your current projects.

Jennie in GA said...

What an incredible journey the two of you have had!!! So many wonderful projects and so much fun seeing your different interpretations. I will miss them, but can totally understand that you need a break. Looking forward to seeing what you do next.

Candee said...

I have visited every month & it has been so much fun & inspiring! Thank you for taking the time to blog about your wonderful projects. Love what you do!

woolwoman said...

wonderful finishes - just beautiful - I hope you will come back often and show your WIP's, way too many talented people have quit blogging. However I do know what you mean - I am lucky if I blog once a month and I used to blog once a week. Does that mean I am less productive than I was - probably LOL - wishing you a fabulous February. Mel

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your sharing of both of your works of art!

Judy D in Upstate NY said...

I have enjoyed seeing your work so much. And have been inspired. Please do keep showing us what you are working on.

Vicci @theplaidbasket said...

Everything is gorgeous and I have so enjoyed seeing each months treasures. You ladies are so gifted and like everyone else I very much appreciate you taking the time to blog-n-share. looking forward to seeing what's next!

Hogan's Adventure said...

I just saw this....everything is wonderful, you both do such beautiful work. Happy UFOing!!!


xoxoxox

Ann in PA said...

What a fun year full of beautiful projects and tons of inspiration from you and Sandy. I love how you both made each pattern your own. Have fun with your UFOs in 2016...I have plenty of those to keep me busy, too. Thanks for sharing! Hugs & happy stitching!

Jackie Oliver said...

My dream is to be able to do what you do! You are so talented! I love the quilts you made, they are super cute. I really like the one with the Christmas trees on it. I really like that pattern! It would be super cute to make it into a table runner by making the dimensions a little bit different.


http://www.luxorlinen.com.au/wool-quilt_1